Switch Proxy/Proxies in Konqueror

Patrick Nagel mail at patrick-nagel.net
Tue Jan 31 13:45:43 GMT 2006

Am Tuesday, 31. January 2006 19:19 schrieb Kevin Krammer:

> Nice work!
Thanks! :)

> Some ideas:
> kwriteconfig can write into KDE configuration files without you having to
> know about their location
To be honest - I have no idea how to use kwriteconfig (or kreadconfig). I
played around with it a bit, but never got it to work as expected, and then
decided to stick with sed.

> See the descrption for
> dcop --pipe
> on how to make multiple calls with one dcop startup
I thought about that, too, but here's the blocker: "The '%1' placeholder
cannot be used to replace e.g. the program, object or method name." (from
dcop help). I would have to replace the program, which is impossible.

> Actually I guess, which means that would have to be tested, it might be
> sufficient to call repareseSlaveConfiguration on just one scheduler, maybe
> the one kded uses.
I tried to let only kded reparse the http configuration, but it doesn't work
then. I don't like that "brute force" method either ;)

Cheers, Patrick.

--
Key ID: 0x86E346D4
Fingerprint: 7745 E1BE FA8B FBAD 76AB 2BFC C981 E686 86E3 46D4