Russian keyboard Control+ and Alternate+ key combination problem

surlyc at alaska.net surlyc at alaska.net
Sat Feb 25 21:34:03 GMT 2006

I am using SuSE 10.0 with KDE 3.4.2. I have 3 KDE keyboards set up: Russian, English, and Spanish.

The Russian keyboard does not have the function of the Control or Alternate keys. For example, there is no Ctrl key combination that actuates bolding or italics in a word processor and there is no Alt key combination that activates menus (e.g., File or Edit menus).  These key combinations work fine with the KDE English and Spanish keyboards.

Can you advise me regarding what my problem might be and how to solve it?

Thank you for your attention.

Alex