kdebase comile error

Rick Sivernell res005ru at verizon.net
Tue Feb 14 14:06:18 GMT 2006

On Tue, 14 Feb 2006 09:04:48 +0000
Philip Rodrigues <philip.rodrigues at chch.ox.ac.uk> wrote:

> > /usr/X11R6/lib64/libXcomposite.a (Xcomposite.o): relocation R_X86_64_32
> > against `XCompositeExtensionInfo' can not be used when making a shared
> > object; recompile with -fPIC
>
> This I think is the relevant bit. Googling and searching bugs.kde.org should
> find you others with similar problems, and hopefully the solution.
  I will try this.

> Now, the obligatory grumpy bit: you didn't describe the problem (what you
> were trying to do), what you'd already tried, any other relevant
> background, or generally provide any useful information. Providing all of
> this makes it a lot easier to suggest solutions, and saves having to
> visually grep a huge load of obscure 'make' output to find out these
> details.
    I thought it was pretty obvious here, I was using konstruct build tool,
and I did not see anything on it, konstruct. I would have compiled each
source code myself, however I have never found any documentation on kde
anywhere on which package to compile in the proper order. That I have
searched for.

> If you're not sure how to provide such relevant information, see:
> and, to a lesser extent:
> http://www.chiark.greenend.org.uk/~sgtatham/bugs.html
  I will review these links, never to old to learn.

> Regards,
> Philip

Thanks for the reply.

--