Kaffeine and the web

ianseeks ianseeks at dsl.pipex.com
Sun Feb 5 19:36:37 GMT 2006

 On Sunday 05 February 2006 15:13, John wrote:
> Hi
> My son has developed an interest in blender and there is a divx (?)
> tutorial on the net. Hit the link in konq and kaff fires up buffering the
> stream. It doesn't start playing it though.
>
> http://www.ibiblio.org/bvidtute/contrib/interface.avi
>
> It downloads the lot and if I hit play it just downloads it again with the
> same result.
> Have also tried saving the stream. Load that and it just starts downloading
> again.
>
> Regards
> John

Does your version of Kaffiene have the ability to play AVI format?  Mine
doesn't but i've downloaded and installed MPlayer with all foramts and it
will play AVI files for me.

If you download the file then use Kaffiene's Open option on the menu, the
filter at the bottom should say "All Supported Formats" - if the file does
not show up in the list of files then AVI is not supported by Kaffiene.

Sorry but I don't know how to add it.

regards

Ian