Show device symbols only when device is existing

Tue Sep 20 12:04:51 BST 2005

Am Mittwoch, 21. September 2005 04:09 schrieb SnapafunFrank:
> Florian Lindner wrote:
> >Hello,
> >is is possible to show the device symbols on the Desktop only when the
> > devices (like /dev/sda1) are actually existing?
> >
> >Thanks,
> >
> >Florian
>
> Right click on your desktop and select " Configure Desktop ... "
>
> Within there find the 'Device Icon' tab and check / uncheck what you
> require.

Hey,
I know this functionality but it's not what I want (AFAIK).
I have a entry for /dev/sda1 in my fstab. If I check "Show unmounted hard
disks" the icon is always shown, even if /dev/sda1 is not even existing.
I want to have a icon appearing when I plug in sda1 (and it comes into
existince in /dev). When I click on this icon it is being mounted.

Thanks,

Florian