3.4.2: my impressions

Philip Rodrigues philip.rodrigues at chch.ox.ac.uk
Thu Sep 1 14:32:45 BST 2005

Denis Vlasenko wrote:

> Hi guys,
>
> What can I say? I'm blown away, only yaw-dropped-on-the-floor remains.
> Not a single hitch on the configure/make/make install ride
> (there were some on 3.4.0).
>
> New KMail picked my mailboxes from 3.1.4, and boy, it runs thousand
> times faster with 16000 msgs in inbox.
>
> Plain fantastic.

Glad you liked it :-). You can find lots of KDE developers on the kde-devel
and kde-core-devel mailing lists, if you'd like to thank them more
directly. And of course, spread the word! Tell people about the latest and
greatest features and how wonderful KDE is. We're always in need of more
promotion. Aaron Seigo and Waldo Bastian gave a talk here at akademy about
"marketing for geeks", for which you can find notes at
http://wiki.kde.org/tiki-index.php?page=Marketing%20For%20Geeks%20Talk .

Regards,
Philip