Removing trash can from desktop?

Eloy Cuadra eloihr at auna.com
Wed Jun 15 20:19:19 BST 2005

On Wednesday 15 June 2005 19:56, Mr Wiggles wrote:
> Is there a way to remove the Trash from users' desktops?
>
> I delete it manually from a terminal session but whenever I log back
> into KDE there is a new trash can and a new file created where I had
> deleted the old.

At least in KDE 3.4.x, you can delete folder ~/Desktop/Trash from within
Konqueror. I've done that and I have no trash icon on my desktop (whenever I
log back into KDE).

But, why you don't want an icon for Trash? I think it's a very useful tool.
After removing Trash from my desktop, I added it at the right side of kicker
(as OSX does) by right-clicking on it and then Add to panel->Applet->Trash.
Well, maybe this is the right place for a trash can ;-)

HTH,
--
Eloy Cuadra