Cannot update/modify Kmenu

s s greatredshark at yahoo.ca
Tue Jul 26 05:54:32 BST 2005

Hello,
I'm having some trouble with KDE 3.4.1: I cannot
update or modify my KMenu. When I add new items, they
never appear in the KMenu. I'm not sure why. I opened
up ~/.config/menus/applications-kmenuedit.menu and the
new items look like they've been added correctly, but
I just can't get them to show up in the KMenu. I'd
edit the .menu file myself, but I'm not sure how it
all works and I don't want to make things any more worse.