Setting a default browser

JR turnloosetheswans at eircom.net
Thu Jan 27 00:29:50 GMT 2005

> Isn't it just a matter of defining Firefox as the default client for
> text/html?
>
> Control Center->File Associations->text->html and insert a suitable Firefox
> command?

Well, yes and no. Yes when the 'suitable command' is figured out. This command
needs to be a script which runs ps -ax to check if firefox is already
running.

If not, then it can simply execute firefox and pass it the url. But if it is
already running, things get tricky.

Here's a script that claims to solve the problem, but I have yet to try it.
http://kb.mozillazine.org/Make_external_programs_in_Linux_use_the_right_browser

Regards,

Jarlath