special keys on a Sony VAIO

Steve Turnbull sturnbull at dsl.pipex.com
Wed Jan 5 23:08:05 GMT 2005

On Wed, 2005-01-05 at 21:32 -0500, JR wrote:
> I agree that lineak is difficult to set up. However, if you are using
> Mandrake, it's as simple as
>
> urmpi lineak
> urpmi klineak
>
> Alternatively, if you can find a distro specific build, I can help you with
> setting up the extra keys - just get it installed first.
>
> HTH
>
> Jarlath
Thanks for the replies and sorry for the double post...

I uninstalled kmilo and this allowed the DVD eject button towork
straight away :-)

I have now installed the lineakd apps via 'apt-get'. I have tried to set
it up but like you say it isn't easy. The main difficulty is that I
don't know which keyboard config to use - my laptop's a VAIO VGN-A217M

Setup help appreciated

Thanks
Steve