regular expression newline replace

Mage mage at mage.hu
Wed Jan 5 21:55:11 GMT 2005

       Hello Larry,

Larry Howe wrote:

>>I'm not sure the \n is really "there" once the file has been loaded into
>>the editor.

If you try my example: [\n\a\r]*  you will see that there are the
newlines. KDE finds them, but doesn't replace.

>And the command to strip out blank lines is
>
>cat infile | awk ' { if ($0) print }' > outfile

Thank you. I use regexp replace for harder tasks. The newlines are only
part of them.
I have to use something else for replacing. However I like quanta and
hope this will be fixed soon.

       Mage