Custom KWin popup menu

Andy Teijelo Pérez espino at infomed.sld.cu
Mon Jan 3 16:48:30 GMT 2005

El Viernes, 31 de Diciembre de 2004 10:18, Kevin Krammer escribió:
> On Thursday 30 December 2004 05:40, Andy Teijelo Pérez wrote:
> > I frequently use PUTTY, a telnet and ssh client (among other things) in
> > both Windows and Linux. And once it has opened its terminal the only way
> > to change some setting is through the window icon menu in Windows and in
> > no way at all in Linux. Don't you think there's a gap here?
>
> Wouldn't it be better if the application would provide a context menu just
> like any other application?
> If an application allows to change some settings during runtime it usually
> either has some kind of settings entry in its menu or a context menu (right
> mouse button menu)
>
> Cheers,
> Kevin
I'm not saying there are no design flaws in PUTTY or any application that
suddenly leaves you with no way to change a runtime setting. Ok, that's a
problem for them. But I still think it would be nice to let the applications
to customize the menu shown by their window manager when clicked. It's a
common feature in Windows, I see nothing wrong with it and I've missed it
sometimes. It's not that I want to copy Windows, it's just that it's a good
feature in my opinion and I would like to see it in KWin and other window
managers.

Andy