printing two or more pages at one side

Lars Weste lweste at gmx.de
Mon Feb 28 09:40:05 GMT 2005

> On Thursday 24 February 2005 08:19, you wrote:
> > Hi kde users,
> > sorry if i wasn't clear enough. i can see the whole document and i can
> > print 1 page per sheet but not more than one page per sheet from kde
> apps.
> > from acroread i can print more than one page on a sheet.
> >

> Hmmm! Neither acroread nor xpdf have options in their print dialog to
> print
> more than 1 page/sheet. Actually they dont have printer drivers at all;
> you
> need to type in the name of a print system. If they have kprinter here
> then
> all your kde apps will also let you print multiple pages.
>
> On the other hand the kde printer system does let you choose pages/sheet
> in
> two ways. Firstly in the standard kde print dialog if you choose
> properties
> you can specify 2,3 or 4 pages a sheet.
> Alternatively you can select one of the kde print filters that have been

> supplied ; there are two that do multipage/ sheets. I think all use
> enscript
> or a similiar package
>
> So either your print system is badly misconfigured or you have not
looked
> at
> the dialog options carefully. Also read the kdeprint handbook and look
at
> putting a print icon on your desktop that runs kprinter; that way you
can
> just drop any file on it you want printed and it will print according to
> the
> options you have set including x-pages/sheet.

Hi andrew and others,

i tried the filters in the filters list. The "multiple pages per sheet
filter" prints the pages in full size on top of each other and the other
"pamphlet printing (use with small side duplex printing)" prints two pages
side by side but not ordered in that way i need it.
if i do not configure these filters or others and use the properties
"pages per sheet" configuration option the printer spits out white pages.

regards
lars

--
Lassen Sie Ihren Gedanken freien Lauf... z.B. per FreeSMS
GMX bietet bis zu 100 FreeSMS/Monat: http://www.gmx.net/de/go/mail