"Copy to" in KViewViewer Part

Jason Keirstead jason at keirstead.org
Tue Feb 15 15:07:20 GMT 2005

On Monday 14 February 2005 9:40 pm, James Richard Tyrer wrote:
> When I have an image loaded in Konqueror using the KViewViewer Part, the
> context menu has a: "Copy To" sub-menu.

This context menu is provided by the kuickcopy plugin in kdeaddons, not by
Konqueror directly.

> I see a problem, this does not list the directory I selected under:
> "Documents path" in the: "Paths" KCM.  Obviously (I hope | IMHO) this
> directory is the most useful -- at least on my system since all user
> data directories are subdirectories of this directory.

The plugin does not use those directories. The first time you run it, it has
no history, and just starts off at your filesystem root ('/'). You can then
browse your whole filesystem via the context menu to select somewhere to copy
the file to.

Subsequent times it is run, the last 5 directories you chose are in the menu,
as quick links.

> Or, is this a bug that should be reported?

It is not a bug that it does not use those directories at all.

It could be a feature request though, that it either come spre-poulated with
those directories, or that they are available via some other mechanism.