kde-3.5.0 problem ?

Nigel Henry cave.dnb at tiscali.fr
Tue Dec 27 21:49:09 GMT 2005

On Tuesday 27 December 2005 20:07, Mehmet Fatih AKBULUT wrote:
> hi all,
> i am currently using kde-3.5.0-2 and have a black background when loging
> into X.
> sending you a screenshot as attachment.
> any idea why the background is black ? [changed login styles a few times
> but each time got the same black background?]
> there was no such thing when using kde's old versions ?
> i am confused ?
> regards,
> bye.
Hi Mehmet. I've just done a load of upgrades on Debian Sarge/Etch and had the
same thing. This is with the login screen for KDM, then when logging in I get
a quite dark screen with the the login into KDE panel, with a big dark swirl
in the background. I don't suppose this is to much of a problem, as long as
you can see the login panel, but must admit that it was nicer seeing a nice
light blue swirly pattern background. This is what I get
from /etc/kde3/kdm/backgroundrc.

BackgroundMode=Flat
BlendBalance=100
BlendMode=NoBlending
ChangeInterval=60
Color1=0,0,200
Color2=192,192,192
CurrentWallpaper=0
LastChange=0
MinOptimizationDepth=1
MultiWallpaperMode=NoMulti
Pattern=fish
Program=
ReverseBlending=false
UseSHM=false
Wallpaper=debian-kde_default.png
WallpaperList=
WallpaperMode=Scaled

This has happened before, and I fixed it, but can't remember how. I suppose,
as long as you have the login panel it doesn't matter too much, but it is
good to have a nice background. If I can find out how to fix this I will post
you back. Nigel.

BTW. This is on Debian Sarge/Etch with the latest upgrades using aptitude
dist-upgrade.
KDE 3.4.2