composite and window translucency/shadow

marc gmane at auxbuss.com
Thu Dec 15 12:02:09 GMT 2005

Anders Storsveen said...
> I found one serious defect with the transparency/shadow effect in kde!
> if you use a shadow in conjunction with the transparency you will get a
> darker transparancy, because apparently the shadow is a black
> semi-transparent copy of the window which is just a little bigger than
> the original window! this is really stupid

Yes, it is very poor "design".

> and the shadow should only
> be drawn outside the window, and not behind it! It makes everything look
> gray and dull! And I want to use both...

Better still, change the colour of the shadow and watch your whole
desktop turn into a squishy pile of do-do - especially when using
transparency in the panel. Urgh!

Please, no "shadow" in the panel.

> On a positive note though, it works really great now with the new
> drivers!

Yes, it is definitely a good start.

BTW, you can use a period (full stop) to end sentences ;-)

--
Best,
Marc