kommander issues

Lauri Watts lauri at kde.org
Wed Aug 17 11:47:04 BST 2005

On Wednesday 17 August 2005 12.19, Steve Evans wrote:
> On Wednesday 17 Aug 2005 09:23, Christian Mueller wrote:

> At work, where I have kommander installed, this displays the help for
> kommander. The location bar displays help:/kommander/index.html which
> suggests to me that the docbook file is being converted to html on the fly
> for display in konqueror.

Sort of.

> A quick google reveals a KDE command line program called meinproc that can
> convert docbook to html, maybe this is used. Perhaps the OP can use this to
> display the help in firefox?

Please see my other reply, but the short answer is yes, meinproc will generate
HTML, but it's targetted at khelpcenter and the help:/ kioslave, so it's not
going to be too pretty in firefox anyway.  At minimum the graphics and
stylesheets will not be found.   Some of the boilerplate links such as those
to license info will also be missing.

It's possible to generate a version that doesn't use the help:/ kioslave, but
that's probably overcomplicating things because... you can in any case read
the kommander (and any other application from the KDE project)  help online
here:
http://docs.kde.org/development/en/kdewebdev/kommander/index.html

Regards,
--