Howto question:Using kate as the composer in kmail.

Andrew Kar akar3d at yahoo.com.au
Tue Aug 9 09:41:15 BST 2005

On Monday 08 August 2005 14:36, Gene Heskett wrote:
> Greetings;
>
> How can I use kate as the composer in kmail?
>
> I just tried to use the preset in kmail's composer config, and while
> it opened kate ok, kate opened after the regular composer screen was
> drawn, and it did not 'save' to the regular composer screen, or
> otherwise return the message to mail for sending.
>
> Is this a bug, or did I fubar something?

The kmail window opening is OK, it is using it as the previewer and so that
after you have composed your email in something else you can set the ID,
transport, To and CC as well as send it. But it doesnt seem to work with
Kate. It works fine with Kwrite which is strange since IIRC both use the same
embedded text engine but I had to have the autosave in kmail turned off (same
tab as where you set the composer.)

andrew