KDE scrollbars react to the wrong mouse buttons

Richard Fish bigfish at asmallpond.org
Fri Apr 15 21:04:31 BST 2005

Erik wrote:

>        Option "Device"   "/dev/input/mouse0"
>

>The problems with this:
>* The mouse has to be connected when X starts and remain connected while
>X is running. Connecting it later does not work. Nor is it possible to
>disconnecti it and reconnect it.
>* The applications (KDE) does not handle the wheel correctly.
>* I have to add 2 sections to make it work regardless of where I connect it.

Erik,

Have you tried using "/dev/input/mice" and a single pointer section in
your X config?  It is what I do with my laptop, and with that device,
the kernel merges all pointer devices on the system into a common
device.   Adding and removing devices works exactly like you would
expect it to, and the device "exists" even if there is no mouse
connected when you boot.  It would definitely eliminate your 1st and 3rd
problems above.

Hopefully it would also allow everything else to work...

-Richard