Uniform kde-gnome

Andrew Kar akar3d at yahoo.com.au
Sun Apr 3 19:51:28 BST 2005

I just thought I would mention a little app/control-centre module that users
may be intrested in; the gtk-qt-engine.
As time goes by I get more commercial jobs that want a uniform looking linux.
With the above tiny engine all your Gnome apps take on the same style and
fonts as your qt and kde applications whatever style they are set to. So when
you run your gnome apps under kde they look exactly like kde ones.
   The other handy utility is the metabar. It is a panel in the konq left hand
bar that shows the open-withs/actions info and preview of whatever is
selected on the right sort of like XP.
  I know some people will complain of this MS-centric strategy but my demo
system setup like this with cross-over kxdocker (OSX bar) means linux is now
selling itself to my clients; they dont even ask about MS and I save a lot of
time. PS If you are going to use kxdocker make sure you put the
mail/cpu/date/clock indicators in. They can scroll the mouse wheel on for eg
the konq icon to select other browsers and have the other panels autohide so
they see a clean powerful interface with everything there if they need it.

--
regards,
andrew