device icons on the desktop

LeVA leva at az.isten.hu
Sat Apr 2 19:20:26 BST 2005

2005. április 1. 03:40,
Manojav Sridhar
-> kde at mail.kde.org,:
> hello,
>
>  i recently upgraded to Kde 3.4 w/ hal/dbus support. my question is that
> when i plug in certain devices i get a device icon on my desktop like my
> Sony digital (usb) camera. but when i plug in my Rio Forge. it doesn't
> create an icon for me. i am guessing the Rio device has not been setup
> to show the icon.
>
> where is the file the describes what devices popup on my desktop and
> which ones dont.
>
> both of them mount properly in /media/FORGE and /media/usbdisk (for the
> camera)
Hi!

I'm currently trying to configure kde to do this stuff. But after I've plugged
in my pendrive, I can not get any icon on my desktop, and can not see
anything under media:/.
Could you please tell me, how did you configured your kde to work with
media:/ ?
I've compiled my kdebase with dbus/HAL support too, and a dbus daemon is
running on my computer.
Thanks!

Daniel

--