Why doesn't Kopete connect to Yahoo?

Matt Rogers matt.rogers at kdemail.net
Sun Sep 5 01:37:55 BST 2004

On Saturday 04 September 2004 07:30 pm, Grzegorz Jaƛkiewicz wrote:
> On Sat, 04 Sep 2004 20:22:57 -0400, James Bond <jamesbond007 at hotpop.com>
wrote:
> > Hello!
> >
> > I run Kopete on Mandrake Linux 10 and Kopete connects to MSN Messenger
> > and AIM successfully, but it never connects to Yahoo Messenger.  Do you
> > have any suggestions / solutions?
> >
> > I thank you for your time and look forward to hearing from you.
>
> I guess this question / problem belongs to:
> * first mandrake forum, and kopete packager for MDK,
> * kopete-devel at kde.org.

Yahoo changed their protocol and any version earlier than 0.8.4 won't connect.
You'll need to upgrade to 0.8.4 at least, and 0.9.0 preferably. Currently,
0.9.0 comes with KDE 3.3, but there should be source tarballs of 0.9.0 for
those people who still want to run KDE 3.2 on kopete.kde.org by the end of
this weekend.

Matt