problem with fonts (2nd round)

Miguel Angelo Rozsas miguel at rozsas.xx.nom.br
Fri Oct 29 18:00:02 BST 2004

Hi,

	I am (still) struggling with the fonts problem described in my last message
(Error loading 'kio_fonts').

	This time, I try to following path:

KDE Control Center/System Administration/Font Installer

When I click in the Font Installer menu entry, I got a popup window with the
following message:

There was an error loading the module.
Details
The diagnostics is:
/opt/kde3/lib/libkfontinst.so.0: undefined symbol: FTC_SBit_Cache_Lookup
Possible reasons:
An error occurred during your last KDE upgrade leaving an orphaned control
module
You have old third party modules lying around.
Check these points carefully and try to remove the module mentioned in the
error message. If this fails, consider contacting your distributor or
packager.

KDE version 3.3.1
SuSE kernel 2.6.5-7.111

There is an another machine running fine  the same system, so I copy the
file /opt/kde3/lib/libkfontinst.so.0.0.0 from the working system to /tmp in
the another system. cmp says both files are identical.

This file belongs to kdebase3, so I try too to re-install the package (apt
reinstall kdebase3) without success.

Any ideas are welcome,

regards,