Tray icons can't park in Kicker

Milan Zamazal pdm at zamazal.org
Tue Oct 26 11:28:06 BST 2004

It often happens to me that tray icons can't park in Kicker.  Instead,
when starting an application, its tray icon crazily jumps over the
screen and sometimes it ends up as a separate window and sometimes it
jumps over the screen until I kill the application.

The problem doesn't seem to be application specific, it happens at least
with KNetLoad, Kopete and AmaroK.  I use KDE 3.3.0a from Debian and the
Sawfish window manager.  I experienced the problem with KDE 3.2.3 and
3.3.0 as well.

Any hint what could be wrong on my computer?

Thanks,

Milan Zamazal

--
Omigod, it's a flame war about a flame war.  You know, a meta-flame war!
                                                 Kenny Tilton in comp.lang.lisp