KDE3.1.4: "Open New Session" not appearing

Steve King stevenking66 at yahoo.co.uk
Sat Mar 13 15:49:03 GMT 2004

> I used to have an "Open New Session" option on my KMenu, but since >
recovering
> from a disk failure I cannot figure out how to get it back.

Solved it myself, by accident. I had two backgroundrc files in:

/etc/opt/kde3/share/config/kdm
/opt/kde3.1/share/config/kdm

I deleted the first of these because I was getting odd things happening with
KControl and the Chooser screen. As well as fixing the Chooser screen
problem, the "Start new session" option started to appear on my menu! The
only link I can think of is that both directories also have (identical)
Xsession files, but I did nothing to these to make the menu option show up.

Steve