kde and printers=crash

Gene Heskett gene.heskett at verizon.net
Tue Jun 29 04:01:53 BST 2004

On Monday 28 June 2004 22:17, James Richard Tyrer wrote:
>Gene Heskett wrote:
>> On Sunday 27 June 2004 08:38, Gene Heskett wrote:
>>>I've posted a message describing my experinces with trying to
>>> print
>>>
>>>from a kde app such as kmail/kwrite/kate about 3 times now, and
>>> have
>>>
>>>been ignored.
>>>
>>>Where does one take kde problems that are "kdesystem-wide" if not
>>> to this list?
>
>You could also try 'kde-linux' which usually has more traffic.  You
> can also try a list or news group for your distro.
>
>> Further info, kde is konstruct built 3.2.3, machine has an rh8
>> install updated to Fedora Core 1,
>
>I had problems when I upgraded the RPMs in my system from RedHat 9
> to Fedora Core 1 and had to down grade three RPMs to RedHat 9.  So,
> this might be a problem with Fedora Core 1's hacked GLibc, or it
> might be something else.
>
>So, I am not going to use any Fedora upgrades till I find out what
> is wrong or GLibc-2.3.3 is actually released.
>
>--
>JRT

In the strace output I've looked at, it doesn't appear to be Glibc
related, the call that segfaults is one to fetch some data from cups.
That doesn't make me an expert by any means, just that this idea isn't
supported very well by what I'm seeing.

--
Cheers, Gene
There are 4 boxes to be used in defense of liberty.