KMail is a good... BUG

Ze mmodem00 at netvisao.pt
Sun Jun 13 13:39:40 BST 2004

>Hi José,

>on Friday 11 June 2004 03:34, you wrote:
>> here i am again.
>> i closed kmail, and wen i opened again kmail, the email from
>> mozillazina that in the first place was correctly displayed, now
>> appears again as a blank email, so the fault is not only from
>> Mandrake, is a kmail problem.
>>
>> So resuming, when the email came, was well displayed, but after
>> opening again kmail, the blan appeared as blank.
>
>Thanks for your patience. I think I've finally understood why it
>happens. There's indeed a stupid bug in KMail. In order to fix your
>problem you have to convert all your folders from mbox format to
>maildir format. To do this create new folders in maildir format,
>copy/move all messages from the older folders to the new folders and
>then delete the old folders.
>
>Regards,
>
>Ingo

Hi Ingo

I removed all .index. files, copied to a new dir the mail files, changed the
option in kmail of mbox to maildir format, then removed the old .Mail dir,
copied again the messages to the new .Mail dir and run kmail.
When i received a message from mozillazine.org, the email appeared as a blank
mail, so the problem continues.

But instead of you tell me what to do, why you dont see for yourself, create
an account in mozillazine.org and see when you receive mail from them.
It wil be more easy for you to detect the bugs in kmail

regards,
Zé