Kmail won't sendmail via smtp

Martin Fahrendorf martin at fahrendorf.de
Wed Jun 9 16:44:26 BST 2004

Am Mittwoch, 9. Juni 2004 04:31 schrieb S. Barret Dolph:
> Our school will be using kmail and koffice. The other computers are
> all fine but my
> own computer won't send out mail with Kmail. I receive mail fine
> but now I am using mozilla  to send out my mail. (With the same
> settings as Kmail.) Oddly enough I sent a few messages to a webmail
> address with kmail and that worked fine. (Yahoo mail)

Is it by any chance kmail from kde 3.2 and do you have enabled auth
with your smtp server?

If the server does not support smtp auth and you have enabled this in
your settings, kmail won't send any mails (since kmail 1.6 afaik).

So retry with disabled auth.

If not, your only chance is to dump the trafic (ethereal).

> Cordially,
> S. Barret Dolph
> Taipei Taiwan

Martin