kde 3.2 crash the system at startup splash

sebelk sekinmor at yahoo.com.ar
Thu Jun 3 19:19:03 BST 2004

Hi kusers, when every user non-root want to login in kde, the logo the
progress
advances till 42% and then the system freezes and crash (Gnome works fine). I
searched for in internet and only I found a possible permissions problems.
Whay I should I do? Reinstall all kde packages would be very annoying. I note
that the same problem exist both in Community and Official Edition and the
problem was in two differents computers. Please, give me a clue to solve this
problem.
The problem did not solve if I delete the files in /tmp. And this is
the .xsession-errors:

"startkde: Starting up...
Xlib:  extension "GLX" missing on display ":0.0".
Xlib:  extension "GLX" missing on display ":0.0".
ksplash: WARNING: KGenericFactory: instance requested but no instance name
passe
d to the constructor!
QPixmap: Cannot create a QPixmap when no GUI is being used
QPixmap: Cannot create a QPixmap when no GUI is being used
Xlib:  extension "GLX" missing on display ":0.0".
Xlib:  extension "GLX" missing on display ":0.0".
QPixmap: Cannot create a QPixmap when no GUI is being used
QPixmap: Cannot create a QPixmap when no GUI is being used
kbuildsycoca running..."

Some data:
The problem has reproduced using both Mandrake Community and Mandrake Official
10.0. Also I tried in 2 PC's with hardware almost identical. The video card
is NVIDIA GeForce2 Integrated and the driver is nv (the free and not nvidia
from nvidia.com).
Note that any problem happen when I use another desktop environment and when
root attempt to use kde.
Please give a clue about what could be the problem and how could I do to solve
it. And please note that this problem is very annoying becase lock up ALL the
system and the only "solution" is reboot :((((
Thanks in advance!
Sergio