search combobox in konqerors location bar

Christoph Wiesen chris at deadhand.com
Tue Jul 20 18:05:19 BST 2004

Hello,

I think that's the Google Search bar - it _should_ work by entering text...
then again it's CVS you're using....

I think it's been a bad choice to make this google bar visible by default.
This adds unecessary clutter to the already said-to-be 'feature rich' default
setup of Konqueror.
It should have rather been optional since it's easy to do the same thing with
"gg:" - and this doesn't use up precious space.
Maybe there could be a "new user's wizard/guide" that tells people how to use
such less visible features and where to enable things like the google search
bar, be they needed, instead of enabling redundant features by default.

Greetings,
Chris