How to keep k3b from compiling in kdeextragear-1

Malte S. Stretz msquadrat.nospamplease at gmx.net
Thu Jan 29 23:55:06 GMT 2004

On Thursday 29 January 2004 16:56 CET Steven P. Ulrick wrote:
> > > I have two questions relating to the same topic:
> > > 1. Does k3b still change /etc/fstab and /dev to the point where
> > > XCdroast doesn't work properly (that maybe just the non-root mode.
> > > I can't remember.)?
>[...]
>
> First of all, thanks for your quick response :)  But I tried what you
> said, and "subdir" re-wrote itself, with the line that I deleted put
> back in.  When I discovered this, I wasn't willing to take the risk of
> installing k3b, so I aborted the build.  I will try again afte I get
> home from work :)

IIRC doesn't k3b change the devices (anymore), you've got to run k3b-setup
or something similiar after you've isntalled it. But I might me completely
wrong :) A way to verify this is to grep the generated Makefile for chmod
or chown fiddling with files in /dev.

Cheers,
Malte

--
[SGT] Simon G. Tatham: "How to Report Bugs Effectively"
      <http://www.chiark.greenend.org.uk/~sgtatham/bugs.html>