some questions about sound, printer, and locales in KDE3.2

Tony Yu u900002 at apple.cmc.edu.tw
Sat Feb 21 08:48:18 GMT 2004

I successfuly compile and install KDE3.2 for myself under mandrake9.2,
howerver, also meet some difficulties.
Below are some questions confused me:
1.I can change the permissions of files in /dev/sound as rw-rw-rw- via root,
but next time when I restart the PC, they return to rw-----, and I cannot
then hear sound as I usually enter as a common user. So I must change the
permissions every time when I start the PC and enter KDE. In addition, I( as
a common user) cannot play CDs, so what files in /dev must I change their
permission to get access to my dvdrom?
2.When I print a file opened by KEdit, the printer seems do have some
response, but always print nothing but a line of the filename in the bottom
of the paper.
3.My native language is traditional Chinese. I've installed the proper
kde-i18n and setup, but konqueror and kedit miss some Chinese words when
browsing the web-page and opening the text file which contain Chinese words.
Thanks for your reply.