how to make KDE faster?

Dexter Filmore Dexter.Filmore at gmx.de
Thu Feb 19 23:44:12 GMT 2004

On Thu, 19 Feb 2004 17:13:28 -0300
Norberto Bensa <nbensa at gmx.net> wrote:

> Dexter Filmore wrote:
> > Why don't you try a 21st century computer?: PIII500=joke. Get something
> > with dual channel DDR RAM interface like nForce2 or i865 and a CPU with
> > lotsa L2 cache, not Celery or Duron (which are jokes, too), this speeds up
> > significantly.
>
> Because not everyone can!
>
> Buy me one of those systems like the one described by you if money isn't an
> issue for you...

Who says I adviced *you* to upgrade? Mr Trevor Smith stated that upgrading
*is* an option, so my advice was for that.

> -Os is much better. With -O3 you just fill up the cache.

That so? That Option new? Never saw before. Question is what has the higher
perf impact,  -finline-functions and -frename-registers from -O3 or the size
reduce opts in -Os. Can't tell since I'm not the compiler expert.

Dex

--

http://www.againsttcpa.com - nothing fights like the opposition