Font/Style strangeness with KDE3.3

Darrell Esau desau at sodapopboy.com
Sun Aug 8 23:09:20 BST 2004

Hello all,

I've been seeing this problem with KDE3.3 since Beta 1 (building with
konstruct on Fedora Core 2).

It's hard to describe, so here's a screenshot:

http://sodapopboy.com/desau/snapshot1.png

There are a few oddities going on here:

1) I've selected Plastik as the style -- but many apps keep showing Platinum
(or whatever this is).

2) The fonts keep getting those odd characters (ampersands, parenthesis,
exclaimation marks) with different background colors.

I see this in every app .. kicker/panel is the worst.  Every time I click the
K Menu, the items get longer and longer because of this odd text that keeps
getting prepended to the menu item.

I'm not doing anything out of the ordinary with my build (using konstruct):

cd meta/kde
make install

And it all builds fine.

-d