Konqueror Web Browser Printing

Jim Horner jhorner at arinbe.com
Thu Aug 5 16:16:01 BST 2004

On Thursday 05 August 2004 10:28, Richard Pace wrote:
> Hi:
> I hope this is the correct mailing list for this.  If not, let me know.
>
> On my system, Konqueror prints "printer friendly" web pages apparently
> double spaced (4 lines per inch)  and bold using  what appears to be about
> a 12-pitch font.  I can't figure out how to control this.  I've tried
> changing the lines-per-inch and chars-per-inch in the printer configuration
> to no avail.  So I think it must be something in Konqueror.  Any ideas? Can
> this be controlled?  Be gentle - I'm somewhat new to this desktop
> environment - converting from Windows.
>
> The font size in Konqueror is configured with 8 minimum and 10 medium (for
> web pages).  Printer is an HP Laserjet.  System is SuSE Linux 9.2 with KDE
> 3.2.3 and Konqueror 3.2.3.

I have the same -EXACT- problem and have been searching for months (possibly
years) for anyone with any answers. I am currently using debian with KDE
3.2.3 with the same 8 min and 10 med fonts. I have experienced this problem
before many months (or years) ago when I used SuSE on KDE 3.1 and again on
Libranet. The odd thing is I have multiple machines that are all sync'd as
far as distro and software apps go. The only workstation that experiences
this problem is my laptop; both now and long ago. My work around is to print
web pages in Mozilla. Mozilla will print fine to a postscript file. Konqueror
will not print correctly to either the printer, postscript or pdf. I thought
it was some sort of font.config or printer filter problem because some web
pages will print fine but others won't. I never clued in on that it is only
the bold fonts that print like crap. Anyway I could never figure it out and
would be indebted to anyone with any insight.

Thanks,

Jim