OS X style dock

Rob H rob_h_kde at yahoo.co.uk
Fri Apr 30 00:33:20 BST 2004

James,
>From what I gather, you're referring to applications
like kopete and kmix.
I'm interested in a more standardised approach such
that every application can behave in that way.
It might sound crazy, but OS X does it in an excellent
way. Think the 'system tray' icons replacing the 'task
bar' (excusing the use of windows terms)

OS X takes a little getting used to when going from
windows or kde because of this functionality. I
believe this is why many people do not like it. They
often have not used it enough to get used to it.

cheers,
Rob

 --- James Richard Tyrer <tyrerj at acm.org> wrote: > Rob