annoying backgroundpic in kfileviewer

Amir Khostevan amir27 at gmx.de
Wed Apr 28 15:44:25 BST 2004

Hi all,
I have three minor problems with kde. Well, strictly speaking they are not
problems but rather my ignorance about configuring kde.

The first one is that I have an annoying K-background picture on kfileview.
If you cannot imagine what I mean check following screenshot:
http://www.sitesforadvertise.com/screenshot2.jpg
I really would like to know how to get rid of that background-pic or how to
replace it with another one.

The second problem is that I abysmally loathe the dragon ( I appologize for
not knowing its name) that is being shown when logging out of kde.
Again, if you have problems visualizing what I mean, check following
screenshot:
http://www.sitesforadvertis.com/logout.jpg
I don't wanna insult the creators of the dragon, (it actually doesn't look
bad) but it doesn't fit into my desktop-theme. Damn, why am I lying, I JUST
HATE IT. Please tell me how to remove it or how to replace it withanother
pic.

The third problem is a real wierd one and even more wierd to explain, even
more because I don't have any screenshots of it.
Nevertheless, I will try to explain it. The kde-browser Konqueror has an
animated square at the top-right corner which is usually showing a kde-gear
and everytime you browse a website, it is being animated (at least for the
duration of loading the website).
I somehow managed to replace it "accidentally" with a very cool matrix
animation. It was pretty cool but the problem is that I don't know how I
managed it. If you know how to change the animation, pleaaaase let me know.

These are pretty much all my problems with kde-3.2.1

Thanx in advance,

amir khostevaan
Thanx in advance