blinking icons when downloading

Piet van Remortel pvremort at vub.ac.be
Tue Apr 27 21:05:32 BST 2004

hi

just wondering:  When I download a file to my desktop, some update process
apparently repaints all icons (20 or so) that are lying around on the
desktop.  This repainting causes an irritating flickering effect on all
visible icons.  This stops when the download ends.  Same thing happens
when downloading to a directory while having Konqueror viewing the dir in
a window.  My machine is a 1.7Ghz machine, and even then the updating is
very annoying and slows thigs down a bit.

I cannot imagine that this is regular behaviour.  Anybody got any tips ?

tnx

Piet (from Belgium)

please reply to:
pvremort AT vub.ac.be