A Few Random KDE 3.2.2 Issues

Marian POPESCU softexpert at libertysurf.fr
Fri Apr 23 18:46:37 BST 2004

William R. Lorenz wrote:

> The first bug I've noticed and which I contend with the most is what I
> like to call the "mouse clicking bug."  This is so unbelievably annoying,
> and it's probably at the top of my want-fixed list.  Sometimes my clicks
> on the taskbar icons don't register at all over the course of multiple
> clicks, yet an ALT+TAB will get me from window to window.  And sometimes
> my clicks on the Kicker / start menu do the same.  On occasion, my clicks
> cause the Kicker menu to stay open until I hit the ESC[ape] key, as well.
> This happens on two systems:  this 1.4Ghz laptop and a 950Mhz desktop, and
> this has been occuring since KDE 3.0.0.  This is so super-super annoying.
> Is there an open bug report on this?  Is anyone working to resolve this
> one?  Could it be something with the underlying Qt libraries, by chance?

Hi,

I had similar issues with 3.2.0 and 3.2.1 on FC1 (Athlon) on both PC and
laptop. I only press ALT 2-3 times before the menu start to behave again,
but it's not always effective ...

> The second bug really isn't that bad, but it is peculiar and makes me
> wonder.  When I create a selection box on the desktop (click+drag) as if I
> was going to select a bunch of files and folders, and if I drag the mouse
> all the way to the bottom of the screen and beyond, my desktop scrolls off
> the screen, and I'm left with a chopped background.  I can do the same in
> the reverse verticle-based direction, and it's back to normal.  It seems
> to me that too much space is being allocated for the desktop, but it
> should in fact be a solid 1024x768 with no scrolling.  Any ideas on this?

I had that as well but it turned out to be something connected to the screen
resolution. Just make sure that in the XF86Config file the right resolution
is specified. I don't remember exactly (sorry!) wich were the settings that
I changed, but it definitely was connected to this ...

> I am also regularly contending with Konsole bug #79250, as detailed on the

So do I. But it's not only Konsole ... it happens with GTK apps as well (I
mainly use Firefox), and when Firefox crashes I loose what I just copied
from it.

Good luck,
Marian