Panel item reverting periodically

James Richard Tyrer tyrerj at acm.org
Thu Apr 22 02:25:02 BST 2004

Mike Payson wrote:
> I used to have a panel buton for Mozilla. When I recently switched to Firefox,
> I edited the button properties, changing the icon, and command, etc. It
> normally works fine. Frequently when I reboot, however, KDE forgets that I
> made the changes and reverts back to Mozilla. This is really wierd, since it
> doesn't do it everytime. I'd guess it happens about half the time. Any ideas?
>
> I should probably add that this isn't just effecting the panel-- Firefox
> disappers from the K menu, and url's in KMail don't work properly either.

The problem is NOT with the panel, it is with the menu.

You have two 'desktop' files with the same name.  One for the old menu
system and one for the new menu system.  Find the old one which is probably in:

	$HOME/.kde/share/applnk/Internet

and rename it (e.g. change the name from: "mozilla.desktop" to
"mozilla.desktop.old) and see if this fixes the problem.

--
JRT