KDE 3.2.1: All Applications crash when pointed at

Andreas Mattheiss andreas.mattheiss at gmx.net
Tue Apr 13 14:15:31 BST 2004

Dear all,

I'm close to cracking: I compiled KDE 3.2.1 with the recommended Qt version,
configured as recommended (mt-enabled etc.). Then I built arts, kdelib and
kdebase which completed ok. I also set KDEDIR and QTDIR correctly; both the
lib - directory from the kde install and that of qt are in my ld.so.config;
I did ldconfig as root.

When I fire up konqueror (or indeed any of the newly built applications) KDE
springs into action, a lot of lines on the invoking terminal, and the
konqueror windows pops up ok. But then dismay: as soon as I move the mouse
pointer into the konqueror field the application crashes. Funny enough
(well,  not funny, actually): the same happens to Dr. Konqui when it comes
up. There are no informative error messages in the terminal window, just the
info that it crashed.

The same happens if I start a proper KDE session with startkde: klicking on
the taskbar will crash it.

Same happens with any other non-standard KDE apps. I also tried the most
up-to-date Qt version, with the same result.

Previously I ran KDE 3.0.x without ever facing this problem. Can anybode
help me here?

Thanks in advance, regards,

Andreas

--