Can't start after upgrading from Redhat 7.3 to RH 9

Brian Johnson bjohnson at jecinc.on.ca
Thu May 22 21:23:26 BST 2003

Since I upgraded, I can't get kde to start from the gdm login

An error saying can't start kde-init pops up and my .xsession-errors file has seg
fault errors for kdestart

startkde: Starting up...
/usr/bin/startkde: line 227:  9287 Segmentation fault      ksplash
/usr/bin/startkde: line 231:  9288 Segmentation fault      LD_BIND_NOW=true kdeinit
+kcminit +knotify
startkde: Could not start kdeinit. Check your installation.
Warning: connect() failed: : No such file or directory
/usr/bin/startkde: line 248:  9290 Segmentation fault      kwrapper ksmserver $KDEWM
startkde: Shutting down...
Warning: connect() failed: : No such file or directory
Error: Can't contact kdeinit!
startkde: Running shutdown scripts...
startkde: Done.

Any ideas?

--
Brian Johnson

This is where my witty signature line would be if I bothered to edit this line :)