How to Build a Dragon these Days & A SuSE Question

Steven T. Hatton hattons at globalsymmetry.com
Tue Mar 25 03:55:11 GMT 2003

What's the current build order for the cvs head?  I did - IIRC - arts,
kdelibs, kdebase, kdeadmin.  I haven't attempted logging in yet, I hit a
rather minor snag when building kdeadmin.  It choked on creating the
/opt/kde3-cvs/share/applnk/System/kdat.desktop.  No big deal, I just created
the parent directory by hand and everybody seemed happy.

It just makes me wonder if I was not expected to build something else first.
Any Ideas?

Also, what's the best way to add a new KDE build to the KDM menu on a SuSE 8.1
box.  I thought I could do that simply by adding it to the
/opt/kde3/share/config/kdmrc SessionTypes, and linking it to the startkde in
/opt/kde3-cvs/bin/startkde would do it, but that doesn't seem to work.  I
don't see the new menu item show up.
STH