Konqueror always opens files on the web without asking if it should save it first

Nicholas Allen Allen.Nicholas at lycos.co.uk
Wed Jun 25 15:27:25 BST 2003

Hi,

When I upgraded to RedHat 9 I noticed that Konqueror always opens files over
http automatically without asking me if I wish to save them first. This is
really annoying and means I can't download anything from source forge for
example as the viewer for tar.gz files displays some silly file name which I
can't open (works if I view tar.gz files locally however). Also the viewer
has no save as and sometimes the name of the file is important as well...

Konqueror used to ask if the file should be saved or opened. I've searched
absolutely everywhere for this configuration option but it doesn't seem to be
present. Obviously it makes sense to automatically open files stored locally
but files over http or ftp should ask the user if thewy want to save or open.
It would be nice to be able to configure this somewhere. Other than this it's
a great browser.

If anyone knows why it is doing this or if it has been fixed in a later
realease I would be very geatful...

Thanks in advance,

Nicholas Allen