how to change default web browser

James Richard Tyrer tyrerj at acm.org
Wed Jan 1 22:19:58 GMT 2003

Bradley D. Pierson wrote:
> How Do I change the default web browser?  I have tried the file
> associations and I still get mozzila.  Where can I change the setting?

In KDE, you don't "change the default web browser", you change the application for a given MIME
type.

So, I don't know exactly what you are trying to do, but you probably need to change it under:
File Associations: "text/html" if you want to change the application used for web pages.

If you want to use Konqueror, you must also (on the: "Embedding" tab) set it to: "Show file in
embedded viewer" and the top item in the: "Services Preference Order" must be: "KHTML".

--
JRT