Manually setting a session

Derek Fountain derekfountain at yahoo.co.uk
Sat Apr 26 14:14:04 BST 2003

Since upgrading to KDE-3.1 I've not been able to get to grips with the session
handling. It used to be that on log out, you were asked whether you wanted to
save the current session. If you said yes, that's what you got when you
logged back in.

Now that question has gone. There's an option in the control panel's session
manager tab to restore a manually saved session, which appears to be what I
want, but I can't find out how to manually save a session. It's getting
pretty annoying having to restart kbiff, kmix, xosview and the other things I
always run.

How to I manually set a session?

--
"...our desktop is falling behind stability-wise and feature wise to KDE
...when I went to Mexico in December to the facility where we launched gnome,