kde screensavers

gabriel the.angel.gabriel at rogers.com
Thu Apr 3 15:50:40 BST 2003

On April 2, 2003 02:36 pm, James Richard Tyrer wrote:
> gabriel wrote:
> > hey there people...  i've run into a small problem with my screensavers
> > in kde 3.1.1.  it would seem that my configuration has recently forgotten
> > that i have screensavers on my computer.
> >
> > if i log in as a (new) different user, all my screensavers are available
> > in the deskop configuration window, but as my old user, the screensavers
> > window has an empty list...
> >
> > so i did some digging in ~/.kde and didn't find much...  can someone tell
> > me what config file might have lost it's marbles? i figure i'll just
> > delete the file and let the config program rewrite it...  as long as i'm
> > not looking at deleting all of ~/.kde
>
> There isn't a file to configure this.
>
> Do you have the KDE screen savers installed or are you using the X screen
> savers?

yes i do.  i've installed all of the kde packages (gentoo) except for the
education ones (don't need 'em since i'm @work).  i've also installed the
xscreensavers package, hoping thats what was missing....

--
those of us who believe in the right of any human being to belong to whatever
church he sees fit, and to worship god in his own way, cannot be accused of