Folders in Kmail 1.5.1 - all new folders are assigned to Top Level

Basil Fowler bjfowler at chanzy.fsnet.co.uk
Thu Apr 3 11:49:31 BST 2003

Dear Ingo

I did what I did out of desperation!  But I found a set of 3.1 rpms for SuSE
8.0 and installed kdenetworks3-3.1.  That works OK

mit freundlichen Grüßen,

Basil

PS I also posted a problem concerning an error message received when trying to
configure Virtual desktops, to wit, 'library files "libkcm_konq.la" ' not
found in paths.  There is a file is in /opt/kde3/lib named 'kcm_konq.la'.
When I copied same to 'libkcm_konq.la', the complaint about not being- able
to find the file disappeared, but the rest of the message complaining about a
possible orphaned control module from a previous installation remained.

This is an inconvenience at worst.  The library mentioned seems to be part of
kdebase.  If it is a packaging problem, I hope that SuSE can produce a
revised package.

I use rpms because in that way the rpm database is kept up to date.  One way
that rpm could be improved is to scan the entire filesystem and keep a note
of files that are not components of packages (orphans).  In that way, a lot
of dependency problems could be avoided. During installation, a check could
be made on the 'orphan' list.

Some time ago my rpm database was destroyed, and when I install new packages a
lot of dependencies are flagged up although the files concerned are on the
disk.