konqueror: new windows

Christian Müller cmueller at gmx.de
Sat Oct 12 15:14:24 BST 2002

Am Saturday 12 October 2002 15:47 schrieb gabriel:
> i understand that konqueror doesn't yet support tabs like in mozilla, but
> is there a key that you can hold while clicking that will open a link in a
> new window?  even internet exploder has this feature and having to
> right-click every link i want in a new window is not very efficient.

If you have a three button mouse you can just click the link with the
middle mouse button to open it in a new window. I think this is far
superior to the way it's done elsewhere as you don't need to move
your other hand to the keyboard.

As soon as you're using the konqi version that supports tabbed
browsing you can choose whether the new URL opens in a new
window or a new tab (in the settings). AFAIK that'll be in KDE 3.1,
i.e. not far away.

Regards,
Christian Müller.