Artsd won't start automatically

Jim Durham durham at jcdurham.com
Sat Nov 30 22:38:19 GMT 2002

I was experimenting with the KDE3.1 and decided to go back to 3.0.4. All
OK except that artsd does not start automatically, or, in fact, does
not start from the sound server panel in Control Center either.

However, it will start and run normally from the command line.

artsd is not suid root (I tried both ways) and I've tried copying the
kcmartsrc file from my other computer.

What is the mechanism that starts artsd? i suppose I could put it in the
startup directory on the desktop, but that seems wrong.

-JIm